1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and rub with the olive oil, then grill the salmon until medium rare.
2. To assemble each sandwich, top one slice of toasted bread with 1/2 cup (120 ml) of watercress, then 2 red onion rings and 2 slices of tomato. Top with a second slice of bread.
3. Place 1 salmon fillet on the bread.
4. Spread the third slice of bread with 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) of the Cilantro Aļoli and place on top of the salmon. Cut the sandwich and serve.
Yield: 4 Sandwiches
To make the Cilantro Aļoli:
1. Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a blender. Process until thoroughly combined.
2. With the blender running, slowly pour the oil into the egg yolk mixture to form an emulsion.
Yield: 1 qt. (2 lt)
Contributed by Executive Chef Kevin Fonzo
Back to recipes page